The Courtroom returns for monthly performances at civic venues in NYC!
October 24: Judson Memorial Church
November 21: Historic West Park Presbyterian Church
All tickets $25* – Click here to reserve
A RE-ENACTMENT OF DEPORTATION PROCEEDINGS
Performed in Active Legal Spaces
In 2004, an immigrant from the Philippines who was married to a U.S. Citizen came to this country on a K3 Visa. After inadvertently registering to vote at the DMV in Bloomington, IL, receiving a voter registration card in the mail, and voting, her removal proceedings were set in motion. It began in Immigration Court and her case was eventually heard by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
The Courtroom is performed entirely verbatim from court transcripts.
*Access is important to us, and we are committed that no one will be turned away from a performance. If ticket price is a barrier to you, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos by Maria Baranova.
Check out the video trailer for The Courtroom below!
- The Most Unlikely Broadway Show Ever Wants to Change How We Think About American PoliticsRolling Stone
- Play about immigration recreates a real deportation caseFox 5 NY
- A Play About DeportationWNYC
- Waterwell's THE COURTROOM to Receive Live Encore PresentationBroadway World
- Token Theatre Friends: Arian Moayed’s Lesson in Immigration LawAmerican Theatre Magazine
- Theater as Moral Meditation in ‘Catonsville Nine’ and ‘The Courtroom’The New York Times
- Broadway.com #LiveAtFive with Arian Moayed from The CourtroomBroadway.com
- Production Photos: The Courtroom Off-BroadwayPlaybill
- The Courtroom, starring Ruthie Ann Miles and Kathleen Chalfant, ExtendsTheater Mania
- Ruthie Ann Miles, Kathleen Chalfant, More Set for Site-Specific The CourtroomPlaybill
- Waterwell Presents The World Premiere Of THE COURTROOM Re-enacting Deportation ProceedingsBroadway World
- Lee Sunday Evans to Direct World Premiere of The CourtroomTheater Mania